Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Yarn Along

Joining up with Ginny for the Yarn Along.

Still reading The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters by Gordon Dahlquist. I read this when it first came out and wanted to see if I still loved it. I do. I really do. Also I have another book by him that I think is related, so it doesn't hurt to refresh my memory. Crocheting Appa still. Well, actually I'm not crocheting. I'm sewing. Sewing lots of teeny crocheted bits together. Why do I do this to myself?

I knit this hat last night and finished it this morning. I used some of the wool/mohair I've been spinning. I'm relieved to see that it knits up fairly normally. I mean, it's bumpy, but not so unbalanced as to create weird looking stitches. The Imp loves it. We call it his Deadpool hat because it's the same colors as the Marvel character.

It fits the Beast, too.

And me. Somehow I managed to hold the camera in such a way as to make the flash mount appear to be weird fangs. Yep. This is why I stay behind the camera.


Don't forget to enter my handspun yarn giveaway here.

3 comments:

  1. While you make adorable hats Melissa, you make even more adorable babies, my goodness they are cute!
    I love sunflowers too and wild flowers picked on the side of the road are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely lovely hat :) Your kiddos are sweet but I love you peeking above the camera the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute! the color of your wool is SO pretty. love all the photos, i agree with tracey, your babies are beautiful, and the hat looks great on you all melissa :)

    ReplyDelete