Friday, July 27, 2012

Excitement!

I meant to post yesterday. But you see. Something arrived early.

That's right. My Brother drum carder! I beamed at the delivery guy and thanked him profusely. He probably thought I was a little nuts.

The first thing I carded was some alpaca. I ran it through three times for luck and managed to diz it off into roving.

This is three batts worth (I didn't weigh anything - I was too excited) that I spun and then chain plied.

Here is the green-ish hand dyed roving that I spun and plied the other day. It's hard to get a picture of all the amazing colors in this one hank of yarn. Green, purple, blue, yellow, orange, brown. Seriously. I love this yarn.

And now I think I'll try blending some firestar with another dyed twist of roving (another of the yellow/orange braids I posted about).

As my two youngest are fond of saying "me so happy!"

9 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun "toy"! I'd be distracted from posting too! I have some carded wool at home, but I've never touched alpaca before... is it soft?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am drooling over that green yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh a drum carder! That would be so fun. Can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! What fun that must be. Definitely something that's on my 'need-to-have' list. And the yarns are gorgeous! Love the green but I'm a sucker for natural tones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeek, how exciting for you!!! It's a beauty! Your handspun is lovely. Have fun usung your carder this weekend.
    Warmly
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippee!!!! And now I have - what? - DIY yarn envy. That's some beautiful yarn you've made there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh that green yarn is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this, I was looking at the Brother carders myself. Glad to see you're enjoying it. :)

    ReplyDelete