Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekending!

I had a spectacular long birthday weekend. B took off Thursday afternoon so I could go to my massage appointment and then he stayed home Friday as well for my actual birthday. My loveliest of lovely friends, M. Bloom, sent me a birthday package. Inside was a beautiful handmade birthday banner, ivy leaf necklace, lusa organics lavender lotion bar, lusa organics lip balm, and two beautiful peg dolls (which have been confiscated by my littles).



On my birthday I woke to happy children - it was amazing. We went out for breakfast, went grocery shopping. I went knitting at a local yarn store with my step-mother (as I do most Fridays). There were sweet treats and many birthday wishes. I'm sure we did other things. But the weekend has made things a bit of a blur. The kids resumed their cranky ways (can we be done with the teething now, please?) and much sleep was lost by all. It was still a great weekend, though.

Saturday night I started a crochet Pikachu for the Beast. He's.. well.. he deeply loves all things Pikachu. He wore a giant Pikachu backpack around a store over the weekend. We didn't buy it and he was a bit sad. So I thought I'd make it up to him.


(Ravelry details here).

Now, of course, the Imp wants one as well. During my search for inspiration I put together and Etsy treasury for all things Pikachu. You can see it here.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had a great birthday!
    Your children are so luckey, they have a very talented mamma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I love the Pikachu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy belated birthday!!! so awesome you got the massage and a day with the hubs at home :)

    a loaned the book i mentioned on my blog to a friend but if you'd like, i'll be happy to send it your way when she brings it back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet of you to offer! I'd love to borrow your book - but I know how difficult going to the post office can be with small children. If you feel compelled, thank you. If not, it's no big deal - I'll keep my eye out for it at the used book store. (:

      Delete