Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Yarn Along - FInally!

Joining Ginny at Small Things again this week.



I took this picture for last week's yarn along. The longies still look about the same. I just haven't really been knitting (I am excited about finally using some yarn I bought from The Sitting Tree at least a year ago). The book, however, has changed. I'm now reading The Hakawati by Rabih Alameddine. It's.. interesting.




This is that purple shawl (here). I think it looks much better blocked and dyed.



These are just another pair of scrappy longies. Whee.

But now my eternally cranky children are being.. well, cranky. Thus ends my first blog post in almost two weeks.

8 comments:

  1. My oh my have you been a busy knitting bee!! Love the longies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for cranky children. I know how that is. I had to laugh at your 'interesting' comment for the book. The pause said it all. That good, huh? My daughter and I have this code between us when we see something (usually clothing from the thrift store or when her and my tastes don't quite match!)...One will ask, "Look at this. Don't you like it?" And the other will respond, "It's...interesting."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours in those first longies. Really funky! Cranky children do sometimes get in the way of craft, do they not realise how important knitting is? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love your longies. I've been dying to make a pair for baby girl...but i'm nervous about it. I'm a little new at knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! It does look awesome blocked and I'll bet that overdye resulted in lots of gorgeous shadings...

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you posted that you were overdyeing it I was wondering how it would turn out, but that is lovely.

    Cranky children are very common lately. I am blaming lack of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those brown scrappy longies! Hope the crankies disappeared quickly!

    ReplyDelete