Monday, January 2, 2012

A note.

I just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that I'm still around (there have been a few concerned emails). Within 36 hours of spending the day with a houseload of people at my father's for Christmas, my two littlest boys got sick. Things have just sort of spiraled downward from there. Thank all the gods (and really, my step-mother), I was given a copy of Rosemary Gladstar's Herbal Recipes book for christmas.

At the exact moment of the beginning of the new year, I was trying to get a coughing, snotty three year old back to sleep. I can only hope this isn't setting the tone for the coming year.

We're recooperating. Elderberry syrup and tea flow here like water. Oatmeal and soup are the foods of choice to soothe our raw throats.

Has any of this led me to amazing resolutions? Well, not exactly. My goal for 2012? To make more tissues (we use cloth). Our small supply just can't keep up with five dripping noses.

With luck, I'll be back in a few days. With pictures (of knitting, of course!) and memories. Until then, you'll find me snuggled with a little boy - tea in hand.

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you all speedy recoveries...and a happy new year!

    Here's to elderberry syrup and snuggles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everyone is feeling better very very soon! Only do what you have to do and try to rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear you guys have not been feeling well and hope everyone is healthy again very soon! Elderberry syrup is so amazing, we use it here too. Wishing you a Happy New Year filled with lots of health and hapiness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you wellness quickly! I need to make more cloth tissues as well.

    Warm wishes, Tonya

    ReplyDelete