Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Yarn Along - gifts

Joining up with Ginny today for the Yarn Along.

Let's start this off with text. I'm reading White Knight by Jim Butcher. I think it's the ninth Dresden book. I'm in the middle of a mess of projects. This is partly because I'm working on Solstice gifts and my kids are way too inquisitive. I'm still working on my Arsenic and Old Lace shawl, I just didn't take a picture because it still looks a mess. I also finished the Odette hoodie for the Imp. It hasn't been washed or blocked. The buttons are on their way to us. Today he spilled yogurt on the hoodie, so maybe he'll finally take it off so that I can wash it!

Duotone throw in progress. It doesn't look like I've done much because you can't see how very long this piece is. Also, I will admit to not working on it as much as I should - the hoodie, a hat, and some gloves distracted me.

This is Pichu-in-progress (I don't have a Ravelry project page for it yet). The Imp has been desperate for a Pichu so it seemed the proper Solstice gift to start with.

A waffle hat! Which sounds ridiculous. But it's the pattern. And it matches the scarf that I made last year.

Iron Man gloves. Need I say more? A certain super-hero-loving two year old is going to love them. Though I highly suspect the Imp will be after then as well.

So there I am. Buried under wool (and loving it). For better or worse I need to take a break and work on gnomes. It's amazing how much that seems like *work* these days (I think I burnt myself out making four full sets of weather gnomes not long ago). Six gnomes for a custom order, eight gnome hats for a neglected swap. Today will be filled with wood burning, painting, polishing, and sewing tiny hats.

12 comments:

  1. Great knitting projects. I like the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think there must be some addictive properties in wool, truly I do. I'm not sure if it's the smell, feel or what, but there is wool all over my home and I love it too.
    Great projects you have, and I really do like the Waffle hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wool addiction! Those are clever and creative gifts I am sure your littles will love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that waffle hat! I need to queue that before I forget :) Lovely crafts you got going !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all those projects. that blanket is going to be lovely, the yarn is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many projects, so little time! It all looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...we're nuts, aren't we? In amongst all the other things we do, we handcraft stuff. I'm glad we're nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You do have a lot of knitting and crocheting going on. Love the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are busy with so many amazing projects, I think my 2 little ones would really love those Iron Man gloves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband likes those iron man gloves!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the yarn in the first project and the waffle hat looks super cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at you go! You are a wild wool woman. I love that about you. And you made me giggle with the waffle hat quip :-)

    I'd love those Iron Man gloves, and I don't even have any idea who Iron Man is.

    ReplyDelete