Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Weekending - part two

Sunday we went to two farms - food not animal. The kids had a different kind of fun. We were all pretty worn out, though. I bought some rosemary infused honey from the first farm and wildflower honey from the second.


First we went to Turkey Hill Farm. The Elf amazed me by getting close to the beekeeper when she had the honey bees out (he's been terrified of bees for years). We saw surly geese - the boys were not amused.






After a stop for lunch we went to Orchard Pond Organics. The boys ran like crazy and B marveled at the okra plants (poor Northern boy that he is).



Every day since had felt like a Sunday. B is home for the week and it's flashing by so much quicker than I'd like. I haven't been spending much time at the computer, hence my lateness in posting. I missed Nicole's crafting on post and I'm not likely to get my act together before the end of the night for Ginny's yarn along. Ah well. Tomorrow I hope to share some more pictures of our week - the boys playing and the crafting that has kept me from the computer.

3 comments:

  1. looks lovely -- wish we could have joined you. alas, California is very far from Florida.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both farms look like a lot of fun! I bet the kids had fun during the outing :) Being busy is fun, enjoy your life-the internet is always here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boys are so adorable Melissa and remind me so much of mine when they were little.
    Do your boys eat okra? I have some dried pods and if you want I could send you some. I have seen them painted and they make awesome Christmas ornaments.

    ReplyDelete