Thursday, September 13, 2012

A photo session

I had a helper while taking photographs for the shop yesterday.


He was being a bit camera shy and quite honestly wasn't feeling so great. It seems that, on top of everything, the two youngest and I have gotten sick. There's a nasty cough/cold thing going around these parts and we've been hit. The Elf had a brief visit with said illness last weekend. Being the trooper that he is, it only had him down for a day. Me? I'm knocked flat. Seriously - enough already!

So of course yesterday, when I could barely croak let alone speak, the doctor called me back. It is now medically official that I had a miscarriage. I'm still doing fine. My father, oddly enough, is taking it pretty hard. Apparently my mother had several miscarriages. I suppose it was very hard on them both. It's times like these that I wonder what it would be like to have my mother still alive.

At any rate, I've photographed and stocked the shop with a few new yarns. Today I'm going to spin my merino/tussah/bamboo heaven. I'm wondering though. How do I label it? Most yarns are 80/20 wool/silk. Or 50/50 wool/bamboo. I can't see myself saying 33.3333333/33.33333333/33.33333 merino/silk/bamboo. Bah. How does one word that?

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss! If you need to vent, I have an understanding ear. Hugs

    ReplyDelete