Wednesday, October 6, 2010

WIP and a swap.

My oldest niece is a recent fan of Firefly. Her thirteenth birthday is coming up and her party is this weekend. What do you gift a newly turned teenager who doesn't seem to have many interests beyond video games? Well, you knit Serenity, of course!



This is just the "head" of the ship. I've gotten the body done since then and am currently attempting the tail. It's been an adventure.
.
.
The lovely TwoLittleSeeds graciously agreed to a swap with me. Here are two of the three dolls that will be headed her way (the third hasn't been started yet).



The hat for this orange gnome was improvised from the pattern at Plain and Joyful Living and a child's hat pattern I found on Ravelry. I like that the hat is super long and skinny with a slight curl.



This one I'm not too sure about. I think I may have put the arms on too low. This was also my first attempt at hair. I used the tutorial at Wee Folk Art. I'm not sure I have the patience for doing it too often.

With luck I'll make it to the library tonight where two books with knitted toy patterns await me! Of course, I won't be able to knit anything from them until the third doll and Serenity are done. But it'll be fun to plot and plan.

5 comments:

  1. wow, youve been buisy. I love the little orange gnome, adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure she will love those. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So super cute!
    How have I never heard of Firefly? I'm a huge Joss Whedon fan--or thought I was. Maybe I'm finally getting too old for his work :)
    Beautiful knitting and great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete