Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Yarn Along

After a bit of a blog break (in which I had a horrible headache and felt like crap) I'm linking up with Ginny for the Yarn Along.



Working on the Shalom cardigan. But you know what. I hate it. Why? Why do I hate this cardigan that so many people love? Because there's only one size. In one weight yarn. So I'm guessing - completely guessing - about how to adapt it to worsted and a huge size. Yep. Not having a great time with that.

Still reading Alamut. Not much time to read lately.



Here's my finished February Lady. It's scratchy and I had to felt on a scrap in order to finish binding off. But I like it well enough.



Side/back view.



Cute toddler.

That's all I've got.

7 comments:

  1. OH my gosh I feel the same way about the Shalom cardigan...I love the way it looks on so many people but I just can't make one for myself because the pattern size would be to small and I'm not a good enough knitter to alter the pattern...Good luck on your Shalom adventure...I do LOVE the yarn you picked out for it the colors are so rich!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your FLS, you look fantastic in it :) I haven't knit the shalom because of the weight of the yarn so you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Fairyluver regarding the yarn you're using on the Shalom. Gorgeous. As for the FLS -- it does, indeed look really good on you! A perfect fit (and cute toddler, to boot!)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cardi, beautiful toddler :) Visiting from Yarn Along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa you look beautiful, I love your fls on you. I'm sorry about the shalom, and if your okay with unraveling maybe you should? There are so many other patterns, what about the tea leaves? I think it would look darling on you.
    Lovely to see a photo of you and your sweet boy today. :)

    ReplyDelete