Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Crafting on

I am tired. Fatigued. Exhausted. Why my children cannot all sleep at normal hours is beyond me. At any rate, I'm joining up with Nicole's {Crafting on} link doohickey.

Here's what I've been up to:

This is a special doll for a special cat loving little girl. This spunky lady even has several changes of clothes. Tonight she'll be on her way to her new home!

This is about two ounces of yarn that I spun from Mountain Colors BFL in the "firestorm" colorway. I think I love it. I'm still massively pre-drafting, though. I haven't quite gotten the rhythm down to where I feel comfortable drafting from a huge clump.

This is the first "real" yarn that I spun on my new wheel. This is the fiber that they sent for me (Village Spinning and Weaving is awesome). Before I had been trying to use wool that really should be used for felting, not spinning.

This was my table this morning. I finally got around to giving this little merchild a face and hair.

Now she looks like this! Of course, I only managed a blurry picture of her front. I'm a little sad that for decency sake, she needs a top. I'm no good at mermaid tops. Perhaps I'll make a fabric vest this time. Hmm.

Of course, the shot of her back is in focus. Because I'm slick like that.

8 comments:

  1. Melissa, you are one talented woman! Yarn, dolls, mermaids...everything looks great. You have been really busy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. your yarns looking great! love the mermaid doll

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have clearly done very well in the crafting skills department! Wow, you are a woman of many talents. Such beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sea-weedy hair... and also loved that crochet (or knit) vest you made for one of your other mermaids. I thought it was quite wonderful (and perhaps such a thing would look nice on Miss Green-haired mermaid?)

    xo

    p.s. I notice you did not respond to my most recent suggestion re: a name for your spinning wheel.. perhaps you did not like my suggestion, or thought it was a tad... goofy? (hee hee hee!) I can come up with other dreadful suggestions, if you like?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented! I followed you over from KCCO and here is my project this week: My project this week: http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/04/crafting-on-with-needle-and-thread.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these dolls! There is great creativity at use here... for sure!

    ReplyDelete