Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Yarn Along - Headband failure!

I decided to participate in the Yarn Along I've read about on several blogs. You can be a part, too. Stop by Small Things to read about it.



Blergh. I worked so hard on this thing. I wanted a headband thingy because the one I bought about three years ago from a trendy store in the mall keeps getting misplaced. I took this picture this morning - fingers tired and aching. All those yarn overs and knit-two-togethers. And the stupid thing is too big now that I've finished it. It's lovely and I'm thrilled with the way it looks. But I'd need a giant-sized head. Literally. It'd make a great neck warmer/cowl/whatever. But I live in Florida - home of the hot. I don't do neck warmers. Boo. So now I've cast on this and if we're being honest, I think it's going to be too small. No, I can't win, why do you ask?

I'm reading The Jefferson Key by Steve Berry. It's an advanced reader copy I got through LibraryThing. I've been a bit slow reading it and getting it reviewed, though - it was officially available in stores yesterday. Oops.

4 comments:

  1. Good morning

    I know this feeling too well..I am getting the same feeling about the shalom cardi. I am adding stitches here and there and dropping a few. I really hope it works out as its such a large garment. Good luck with the head band.

    Have a great day
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that just so disappointing! Could you add a few stitches to the new head band so that it will fit? I'm in SC, we don't do neck things either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like the headband would make a great Christmas gift for someone! Sorry it did not come out the way you would have liked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw on Eco milf the other day she had a knitted head scarf for her son and since then, I've been really wanting one. I can knit regular scarves, so I thought I'd try my hand at making one, though I can't read a knitting pattern if my life depended on it, lol. But now seeing your post, makes me want to start making one right NOW. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete