Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Life, the Universe, and Yarn.

The past two weeks have been craziness. The Beast's birthday, B's birthday, free comic book day, Mother's Day - not to mention that B was home from work for more than a week! Whew. Craziness. Now B has gone back to work (unfortunately) and things are slowly sliding back to normal paces. Except that the Imp woke up vomitting at 6:30 this morning.

A few good things:









- B made a kite with the older boys out of slick paper, bamboo, hemp twine, and a can tab. And tape. Lots of tape. It didn't fly, but they had fun trying.

- Yesterday, while getting the mail, the younger boys and I discovered hydrangea blooms in our yard (from a neighbor's bush that has grown wildly out of control). We decided to pick a few (we knew she wouldn't mind - especially since she hasn't lived in the house for nearly a year and her yard is going crazy). The Imp kept wanting "more! more!" He even requested that I take a few steps over the property line for the oh-so-beautiful blue ones. Amazingly, the cats haven't tried to eat these (as they usually do with anything remotely green that I bring in the house).

- Sonya gave me some yarn once upon a time. It's been sitting on my shelf, waiting for a project. I decided to dye it (with easter egg dye - safe for kidlets) for doll hair. The orange was supposed to be more of a variegated yellow/brown - oops. The blue should have been more blue and less green. But I like it.

- The doll I'm making for Bell + Bee is finally coming along. I'm trying out a new (to me) way to add the hair. I'm using this tutorial, though I don't think I'm doing a very good job of it. It looks okay (I've added more hair since this photograph), but I think I'll keep looking for another way to do it.

2 comments: