Monday, January 25, 2016

Derpy Professor Genki

This was supposed to be my birthday gift to myself. I hate it. I did a horrible job. Ugh. So B is taking it to work and I hope to never see it again. Stupid bulbous eyes. Stupid me for not being able to wing the details with a basic pattern. Grr.

This morning.


This afternoon (when I realized that I'd called it "done" and had forgotten the tail).


This evening. Complete with tail. Still looks terrible.


Used this pattern. It's a perfectly good pattern. I'm just not intelligent or creative enough to be able to tweak it for what I wanted. I added a wire skeleton in the head/body/legs. Worthless. Ugh ugh ugh. Tomorrow I'm working on a replacement self-made birthday gift. I will have a Professor Genki that doesn't make me want to cry.

On the up side, a great friend of mine sent me a gift in the mail. Unable to wait, as usual, I already opened it. It's a lovely fairy garden kit. The boys and I will be putting it all together on my actual birthday. We're all looking forward to it! (I still need to email her to thank her. I've spent the evening banging my head against this crochet project and finishing a video game. My priorities are... special.)

1 comment: