Thursday, October 9, 2014

Yarn Along, Extra Life, Here Again

I really had planned on posting at least once a week. Honestly. Let's see if I do any better this time?

School has officially started for the Elf and Imp. The Beast has, thus far, declined all invitations to join us. I think he enjoys having time to himself with no competition for toys.

It's October again. And that means that it's time for Extra Life. I'd be honored if anyone wanted to donate. Last year it was just a friend and myself. I'm not very social and therefore find it difficult to spread the word. At any rate, on October 25th (and the 26th) I pledge to play at least 24 hours of games (video, card, tabletop, what-have-you). Provided I can manage to reconfigure the software I will likely stream the video games on my Twitch channel. Likely I'll play Archeage (it's my escape of choice these days). Maybe a little Knights of Pen and Paper, Cthulhu Saves the World, or maybe even the Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade game from the early 90's. Oh! And Gold Rush (a recent Steam/Humble Bundle purchase - my sister and I played it when we were young).

So yes. Donate money to help save kids. It's the right thing to do.

And now, the Yarn Along (a day late).

In the past few days I've picked up knitting from a year ago and also dusted off (okay, I left the dust on) my spinning wheel for the first time in about a year. Yeah. I haven't done anything fiber related in a long time. I'm back to working on Flaming June. I'm knitting it entirely from Phat Fiber spinning samples. It's very colorful. As far as reading, I've been rereading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. Because. Yeah. Outlander. I'm on Drums of Autumn and love it just as much as I did the first time I read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment