Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Imps and Elbows

The Imp is officially our first child to require a trip in an ambulance. This morning he climbed onto the arm of a chair (totally normal despite repeatedly being told not to) and fell off (I'm not convinced he didn't jump - also, sadly normal). His elbow looked.. wrong. Swollen. No blood or bones showing. But I panicked. B came home and decided that we couldn't move him so he called the paramedics. I suspect he's made it to the hospital by now. We're thinking it's dislocated, but it's just speculation.

This is excitement that I just didn't need. The last time an ambulance came to my house I was twelve and my mother died. So yeah. Today has not been great. I was meant to be packaging two orders I had over the weekend. Now I'm not sure that the post office will be doable.

I keep telling people that I'm fine. I'm calm and fine. But inside I think I'm still shaking and scared.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear hope he is ok. Must bring back awful memories for you, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big, big hug to you my dear Melissa, today has brought up some really bad memories and that sucks. Being the mom of males is not easy, but by the time they're grown you will have nerves of steel.

    ReplyDelete