Thursday, September 9, 2010

The past twenty-four hours have not been so great. The Beast is unhappy due to immunizations (not to start a controversy here). Our dog, Cynddl, has an extremely serious infection and is at the vet right now. Things have just been... crazy.

On the up-side, I did get to relax for an hour yesterday. After the Beast's appointment he slept in the car while I knitted. We had an hour to kill before the breastfeeding support group started. It was quiet and so very, very nice.



But today that hour seems so far away. To cheer myself up I thought I'd post about the blocks we've finally started making for the Imp's birthday (can it really be just eighteen days away?). B used our new jigsaw while the Beast and I snapped photos from the window.



So here they are. We need a longer blade, possibly. And a more stable way to cut the thicker branches. We've been discussing vices and clamps. We're not power tool savvy, so there's a defiite learning curve here. I've only peeled and sanded the one block. But I think it looks handsome all polished up next to it's unfinished kin.



And don't forget to enter my giveaway if you haven't already. I'll be picking a winner after midnight - preferably in the morning after I've had some coffee!

1 comment:

  1. The block looks gorgeous! I love the colours and grain of it. Such a satisfying project, isn't it? They'll be well-loved.

    I hope your days smooth out soon and that you are surrounded by contented healthy little ones and canines.

    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete