Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Needle felting - Part two

I was able to attend a breastfeeding support group meeting this morning. Having the opportunity to discuss some of my tandem/toddler nursing issues and concerns with a lactation consultant (and a group of fairly like-minded women) was.. refreshing. Calming. I feel better able to approach life in general today. So I thought I'd attempt this post while the younger kids are napping. Of course, since typing that the youngest has decided to sleep nowhere but in my arms - which makes typing... special.

After completing the mushroom house I decided to try making a hollow tree stump similar to a sewn one I'd seen on Etsy. By the time I'd gotten the core done, I'd discovered that dying roving brown was harder than I thought it would be. Using things I had on hand I managed really great red-oranges, tan, beige, purple - but no deep browns. So I eventually gave in and bought some from an Etsy seller. This was at least one month ago. I have yet to actually open the bag of wool, let alone complete the tree stump.

One of many things that distracted me from the tree stump was the realization that I needed to make a birthday gift for my father. I don't know how it started, but the man loves polar bears. With that in mind I set out to make him one.



My husband lent his critical eye to help me round it out some. As my first animal sculpture, I think it turned out rather well. Which is more than I can say for my second animal attempt (to be seen in a forthcoming post).

No comments:

Post a Comment