Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I miss having a community.

It appears that, hermit though I may be, I miss interacting with people. Shocker, right?

I'm not going to try and recap whatever I may have done since my last failed attempt at getting back into blogging. Instead I'm just going to talk about what is going on Right Now.

Right Now:
- I have the flu.
- My kids are loud and crazy.
- I am knitting fingerless gloves for B.
- I should be plying yarn for a friend I haven't managed to speak to in a long while.
- There are two baskets of laundry overflowing in the bedroom.
- I have nothing to read.


So, I'm sick. The kids are, too, a bit. They cough, but I feel like a train wreck. They have energy, I just want to go back to bed. That's life.

For a long while B's gloves were missing. It got cold, he asked for new ones. I bought some beautiful yarn and got to work. I'm working on the second glove and I can honestly tell you that I despise 1x1 ribbing.

Last year the Geek and Sundry Morganville Vampires mini series inspired me to read the books. I finished the last one yesterday and now I feel a little bereft. I'm sure that I have things to read, I just don't know what I'm in the mood for. The series was 15 books long and my brain is maybe still a little stuck in that world.

I'm still obsessively playing ArcheAge. Even when the game infuriates me I can't seem to stay away. That said, I'm finding less and less to do when B isn't around to play as well. I suppose that was bound to happen eventually.

In six days, I will officially be one year older. I feel like I've aged ten years in the last few months. This depression-or-whatever isn't fun stuff and I'm heartily tired of it. I hope that the eventual warmer weather clears my brain and brings back some of my energy.

4 comments:

  1. Depression is just plain terrible and so in the flu, you poor dear. I am glad to see you back in this space and hope you will be here more often. Happy early birthday and I hope you are better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, the flu is no fun.
    I hope you will get better soon.
    We also have the flu.
    Fortunately, my mother is staying with us.
    She is not sick and takes good care of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, hugs to you. I'm glad to read your words again, and only wish that circumstances were lighter for you. Depression-or-whatever is so very very difficult.

    For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure laundry baskets are meant to be chronically over-flowing. So many better things to be doing.

    And an early happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh crap, I forgot to email you back...off to do that now. hugging you mama xx

    ReplyDelete