Friday, October 25, 2013

Quick Pilot Update


An old picture.

I just picked him up from the vet. He's looking better and his blood sugar is acceptable with just a small dose of insulin in the morning. I'm to go back tomorrow for his dose and a lesson on how to do it myself. Sunday will be all up to me. I'm more than a little nervous. Through it all, the vet (who is amazing, for the record) kept telling me how he'd feel better about Pilot's situation if he'd just eat by himself, rather than being fed with a syringe.

We got him home and in the bedroom (where cats aren't usually allowed) and the Elf brought me a can of wet food (also not usual for our critters). Before I even got the can all the way open Pilot was interested. I won't say that he ate a lot. But he ate (which is more than he did with yesterday's can). And that gives me so much hope.


Who knew that nasty smelling cat food could be the highlight of my day?

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're having to deal with that. My mom's cat has diabetes, he was going through a lot of the same things that your cat was before she got him diagnosed. She's been successfully treating him for quite a few months now and he's back to his old self, hoping the same happens for your baby.
    Amanda, http://wildarmadillos.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, poor pilot. Glad hes starting to eat and doing ok. I know how you must be feeling about giving him needles, im getting closer to needing IVF and trying to phyc myself up. Oh weal, were always stronger than we think! xx

    ReplyDelete