Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Yarn Along, Swaps, and More.

I decided to participate in the Yarn Along I've read about on several blogs. You can be a part, too. Stop by Small Things to read about it.

I've been terrible about posting. About, well, everything. B and I came down with some body-ache-flu-thing and we've been cleaning like crazy people for his mother's visit. She's arriving today and I still don't feel that things are up to par.

I didn't get a picture of what I'm reading. I'm actually waffling between books. First I picked up The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents by Terry Pratchett. Then I picked up Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - which I've already read. This morning I picked up a book about Bach flower remedies by Stefan Ball.

I just don't know what I'm in the mood to read.

Knitting. I'm still knitting a doll - I didn't take a picture of it though. I'm also knitting fingerless gloves for a swap with a friend. The picture doesn't do the yarn justice. And the cables look funny when not stretched as though being worn.



Here are some things I've made recently.



A leaf washcloth. It doesn't look great, but it feels lovely.



Wee peg gnome hats. These are for a swap hosted by One Hook Wonder.



A rainbow bird. B and the Elf told me that it looked like a Beluga whale or manatee before I added a beak. Hrmph. Boys.





These are flower gnomes and acorn babies (that look more like acorn capped Tibetan monks to me!) for a Yahoo group swap.

And now! The swaps I've received but have been horribly remiss in posting about!

First, the peg doll swap that We Bloom Here hosted.



And the lovely (and well loved already!) doll that Belle + Bee sent for my boys.



He can also be a knight! (The Elf loves this costume - though we've misplaced the belt at the moment)



And a super hero! (The Imp's favorite!)



There. And now I need to get back to prepping the house for company and the Beast's first birthday (can you believe he'll be one this Friday?!).

4 comments:

  1. I love the fingerless gloves and the little tiny hats are so cute! I waffle on what to read next at times. I have so many books on my to read list that it is difficult to decide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the wee peg people! I have some plain pegs that I bought to paint and never have...maybe this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many cute things! I've been curious in joining some kind of swap group but don't really know where to look. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a manatee in our marina last week. So yes, I agree with B and the Elf - I can see the manatee there too!

    ReplyDelete