Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Yarn Along!

I decided to participate in the Yarn Along I've read about on several blogs. You can be a part, too. Stop by Small Things to read about it.



On the needles: two pairs of longies. Rainbow longies for the Imp and Noro longies for the Beast. Soon I'm going to have to switch to shorties. Also, I've been thinking about listing longies (in the future) on Etsy. I'm not in it to make money. I figure that eventually the boys will have enough longies, but I'm unlikely to stop knitting them. So they have to go somewhere, right? And selling them would at least keep me in yarn.. Anyway, it's a thought.

Reading: still reading The Vampire Diaries series. The television show is much better - but then, it isn't aimed at highschoolers.
.
.
.
I seem to be turning into one of those bloggers that only posts for weekly "challenges" and the like. I don't want to be that person (there's nothing wrong with those people, don't get me wrong). It's just been rough finding the motivation to slough through all my photographs. I haven't even been keeping up with the Year of Good Things photos. I have been ending each day by mentally listing the good things, though. This has done wonders for my general attitude about life.

Right. On to completed projects!




"Creeper" longies! Boring, yes. But weirdly satisfying to knit. And they fit the Beast so well. I love that I've finally gotten the "pattern" down.





The Imp's doll finally has a full head of hair! My goodness this took forever (and the better part of a ball of dishcloth yarn). But I'm happy with the result - I hope he is, too.
.
.
.
I bought some yarn today. Blue Sky Alpacas organic cotton. It's super soft and I can't wait to use it. I also was thrilled to find some 100% wool felt at our local Big Box Store (read: Joann's). It's a light color so I have plans to dye it. This weekend I'll be using it to make some wee peg-folk for a swap. Perhaps I'll buy some more bases and make some wee peg-folk for the boys, as well. I've been meaning to for so long. As it is, the Imp calls the doll bases "naked gnomes."

6 comments:

  1. I love the hair on your dolly. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the doll! What pattern? (You know, because I don't have enough on the needles and I really need to cast on a doll RIGHT NOW) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy: Thanks! (:

    woolandchocolate: Here's the Rav page(http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/basic-knit-doll-in-6-sizes). It's the 12 inch size. I know I saw an "in the round" version somewhere and I think I'm going to try that one next. The Elf wants a ninja doll. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the green on the britches, just like Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep coming with the longies *grin*. I just love seeing them and I don't have anyone small enough to fit them anymore so I'm living vicariously through you LOL. Love those springy green ones and what a fantastic idea of selling them on Etsy later to recoup some wool money when you have to many :) The doll hair turned out great to!

    ReplyDelete