I decided to join Gypsy Forest in her "A Year of Good Things" flickr group. Being behind, as always, my year started in February. You can see my photos here.
Also, I'm on a quest. Perhaps you knitters out there can help me. I want to knit myself a sweater. Now, I live in Florida. So I'll likely make it for next winter as there's no way I'll finish one before it warms up again (so I'm not in any hurry). Right. Here's where you come in. I need a pattern. I've looked on Ravelry and found a few possibilities. Here are my criteria:
- I prefer a free pattern for obvious reasons (hi, I'm broke)
- I'd like to use worsted weight yarn
- I'm not skinny, nor a child, so it'll need larger sizes
- nothing fancy - no cables, no lace. I'm good with stockinette. Plain and boring suits my attention span just fine.
- I'd like the neck to be the style of the shirt I'm wear in this (fuzzy) picture:
Yes. So. Any suggestions? Most of the patterns I've found that I like want bulky yarn and I'm still too much of a novice to know how to work around that.