Thursday, May 27, 2010

Last week I was unofficially diagnosed with migraines (and there's apparently nothing to be done about it while I'm nursing). For the most part, I get some visual hallucinations that last twenty to thirty minutes (this is apparently called a migraine aura) and a slight increase in the headache that I've had for two weeks now. Sometimes, though, I get the awful stereotypical migraine headache pain. This makes for shoddy mothering skills, to speak nothing of my inability to care enough to review books.

I'm fighting a lot of doubt in my ability to be a decent mother, an adequate homeschooler, a reasonable wife. The constant pain clearly isn't helping.

Strangely (or not so much), I have still been managing to read. It helps that I've packed my ebook reader (Cybook Gen 3) with "quick reads" that aren't terribly thought-intensive. I've enjoyed all the books that I've read so far, but I can't bring myself to care enough to actually review them. Suffice it to say, these are good books and you should read them if you get the chance:

Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris
Changes by Jim Butcher
Lover Mine by J. R. Ward
Heart's Blood by Juliet Marillier

No comments:

Post a Comment