Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Seduction of the Crimson Rose by Lauren Willig

This is the fourth book in the "Pink" series.

These books are one of my guilty pleasures. They make me grin from ear to ear and laugh out loud. I earn funny looks and tart commentary from my husband when I read a novel by Lauren Willig. And I'm okay with that, because these books are worth it all.

In this book we follow Eloise and Colin as they embark on their first date and encounter a villain from Colin's past. Meanwhile, Mary Allsworthy is set up to be recruited by the Black Tulip as his latest petal. She and Lord Vaughn match wit and will against each other and the notorious spy and overcome a specter from Vaughn's shadowy past as well.

There's a twist at the end that I can honestly tell you I didn't see coming. The commentary at the end of the novel suggests that this installment in the "Pink" series isn't as lighthearted as previous books. I didn't notice so much. I found Willig's characters sassy as ever and could easily place myself in Mary's shoes.

Next up is The Temptation of the Night Jasmine, which I look forward to reading just as soon as my youngest Imp settles down for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment