I spent the weekend dyeing and blocking my Arsenic and Old Lace shawl. That's right. I finally finished it.
The color isn't as even as I'd like. My largest stock pot is my dye pot. At least 10 quarts. Or maybe 8. I don't know. At any rate it isn't large enough for the shawl to have had room to move. I also don't have a cat/dog/child-free area large enough to block it properly. So I just laid it on my skirting table.
This week I'm going to test knit two patterns. I'm very excited. One is a critter by Linda Dawkins and the other a shawl by Caitlin Ffrench. So excited! It's not that I don't love working on B's knit pants (I'm on the first leg already!) or Appa (I started working on it again yesterday - the Elf guilt-tripped me). I'm ready for something new, though.
Speaking on new. I should share with you the Kerbal I made yesterday for B. He still needs a helmet and I'm not sure how I'll go about doing that. And the Master Chief doll I crocheted without a pattern. I tried to write the pattern out but I sort of failed to accurately describe the hemlet. Meh. Oh. And the roving that I dyed with carrot tops and alum. Regardless, the Beast is asking me to play with train tracks so these things will have to come later.