Monday, February 22, 2010

Guest post: The Elf reviews Vampirates.

The Elf's (my seven-year-old home-schooled son) first book review. Dictated by him, translated by me (for coherency and grammar).

Vampirates: Demons of the Ocean by Justin Somper

After the death of their father, Grace and Connor Tempest steal their father's ship. During a big storm the twins get separated. Two different pirate ships rescue each of the children. Connor ends up with pirates while Grace is taken aboard the Vampirate ship. Each is striving to find the other.

I really enjoyed the fighting scenes with Connor and the pirates. My favorite character was the Vampirate captain. I particularly liked the description of his mask and cape. Overall, I think that the book was excellently paced and would definitely recommend the book to others. I look forward to reading the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment