Monday, August 17, 2009

Rromane Paramicha (A Collection of Romani Folktales) by Hedina Sijercic

I really enjoyed reading this collection of stories. I found them to be quite poignant - some of them haunting my thoughts for days on end. One of the truly remarkable things about this book is the printing of them in their native language. I liked being able to look from the original to the translation and pick out words here and there. I think this will be of great value to any one who wishes to study Romani history and dialect.

The stories are also wonderful for reading to young children. My seven year old was very interested and loved the illustrations.

I look forward to reading more works published by Magoria Books - including both dictionaries projected to be released this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment