Friday, August 21, 2009

Mugworts in May by Linda Ours Rago

I heard about this book through a blog that I read. I can't recall which one now (I read so many amazing nature-oriented blogs). I had to get this through Interlibrary Loan because our library didn't have it. I guess it's out of print now, which is unfortunate, because I'd really like to own it!

This little book is pack with great tidbits of history and lore. It is exactly the sort of book that I'd been searching for. Not only is it enthralling to read, but the pictures are amazing as well. They all appear to be block printings. I thought that they really helped to make this book stand out. In addition, the books itself is printed on lush, thick paper. Everything about it makes my heart sing.

If you've a soft spot for herbs, legends, lore, history, and knowledge - this book is for you.

1 comment: