Sunday, July 19, 2009

Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris

Let's see. The Weres have "come out" to the world, leaving everyone confused. In Bon Temps a grisly murder is discovered at Merlotte's and Sookie is caught up in the middle of it. And to top it all off, the Fae have decided to pop out of the woodwork and wreak havoc. It's never a dull moment for Sookie Stackhouse.

When I started reading this book I realized that I didn't remember the previous book very clearly. This is, of course, because it's the only one I hadn't read multiple times. So there were some blank spots in my memory that had to be worked around. I, of course, enjoyed the book. How could I not? I'm admittedly a little flustered with the "formula" that seems to be developing in this series - Sookie is in mortal danger! Sookie has relationship problems! Bill still pines for Sookie! But I'm hoping that some of the developments in this story curb a few things in the next book.

I can't say this enough: the books are so much better than the television show. Duh! The hardcover comes with a "Don't miss the next season of TrueBlood" blah blah on the cover. The television show is amusing, yes. But so many things about it make me want to hurl things at the screen. If you haven't read these books, read them. They're yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment