Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Naamah's Kiss by Jacqueline Carey

Moirin is the great-great-granddaughter of Alais, daughter of the former queen of Terre d'Ange. Raised as a child of the Maghuin Dhonn, Moirin is gifted with peculiar magics. When she comes of age, her journey to follow her destiny begins. This journey takes her far and wide, opening her eyes and heart along the way.

I truly enjoyed this book, though I honestly worried that I wouldn't. For a while I felt that there were too many similarities between Moirin and Phedre. And the constant (and unnecessary) name dropping was a bit over the top. In time, I accepted it and was able to simply enjoy the story.

If you enjoyed Carey's Kushiel's Legacy series, odds are that you'll enjoy this one as well. I look eagerly await the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment