Saturday, April 4, 2009

Deadly Desire by Keri Arthur

This is the seventh (I think) book in the RIley Jenson Guardian series.

Riley is at it again. This time she's tracking zombies and the person who raised them. Meanwhile vampires are also being killed. Are the cases connected? With Riley, of course they are. For once, her relationship with Quinn is going extremely well which can only mean that fate has some nasty surprises in store for them.

SPOILER WARNING:

I love the Riley books. They are among my favorites. So bear that in mind when I say this: parts of this book had me rolling my eyes. I felt that the zombies were over done. Popular media is all about the zombies lately and it was disappointing to me that it spilled over into such a great series. That being said, only one scene really bothered me. In the cave under the club Riley and Kye battle a legion of zombies - I could see it on the big screen a la Army of Darkness. It felt goofy. That aside, I have a sneaking suspicion about what may happen in the next book. I'm not sure if I should voice it here or not, but it involves Riley's paleness and iron deficiency (I had a similar condition, nine months later it resolved itself *ahem*). On a related note, the soul mate dilemma was a stroke of malicious genius. If there's one thing you can count on with Keri Arthur in these books, it's throwing Riley all the curve balls available.

This series is among those that I recommend greatly. If you like werewolves, vampires, action, and romance - this is your stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment