Thursday, January 22, 2009

Excavation by James Rollins

Wow. So, there isn't much I can say about this book that won't give too much away.

In Peru a temple of the Incas is uncovered by a professor and some students. A mummy is found as is a sealed door. Craziness ensues. There are psycho-priests, albino monsters, giant spiders, twisting caves, and lots of mayhem. I did enjoy this book. It was a good read and I'd recommend it to others. That being said, it was not my favorite of Rollins' books. In fact, so far it's my least favorite. I mean, there has to be a least favorite, right?

As usual, the characters were well developed (Norman is my favorite), the scenes vivid, the history fascinating, and the pace wonderful.

To my knowledge this leaves two already-published James Rollins novels left for me to read. Good thing he's supposedly coming out with three more this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment