Sunday, February 28, 2016

A new floor

This weekend we ripped up our old carpet and put down carpet tiles. B did most of the work. The Elf helped a lot, too. Mostly I was in charge of sorting the stripes into patterns and cutting the tiles that needed adjusting. Cutting carpet tiles is rough work. My arms, back, and legs are killing me. Who knew you used so many muscles in your legs to cut things? I can only imagine how much pain B is in.



Today B bought us some new tables to put our computers on. That mess in the corner to the left is his new office chair. In pieces. They're assembling it as I type. Five year old style help is so much less than helpful when you've had a stressful, work-filled weekend.

All of this is an attempt to make our house more livable for us. We considered buying a new house but the logistics just aren't in our favor (nine cats and no savings to speak of will do that to you). So for now the plan is to use our space here better. This fall I'll be homeschooling all three boys. The table I was using for my computer is also where we eat. Yeah. And do school work. Not ideal. This weekend we've managed to free the table up for better use. In the future B is going to try and make me some shelves to store homeschool stuff (he made a stool for the Elf's computer table this weekend, too).

Lots of doing. Too much, really. But I guess it all needs to be done.

2 comments:

  1. I love your new tile, it's very pretty.
    Don't worry too much about your space and homeschooling, it sounds like you have a good plan in making your home work for you. I raised five children in a 1500 sq. ft. home and we did just fine. Now with just one at home my house seems too big to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room looks great! Hopefully, it will serve your family even better and inspire your children and your teaching.

    ReplyDelete